Pronunciation: (sis"tu-mat'ik), [key]
1. having, showing, or involving a system, method, or plan: a systematic course of reading; systematic efforts.
2. given to or using a system or method; methodical: a systematic person.
3. arranged in or comprising an ordered system: systematic theology.
4. concerned with classification: systematic botany.
5. pertaining to, based on, or in accordance with a system of classification: the systematic names of plants. Also,sys"tem•at'i•cal.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.