Pronunciation: (tar'if), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/tariff.html on line 73 [key]
1. an official list or table showing the duties or customs imposed by a government on imports or exports.
2. the schedule or system of duties so imposed.
3. any duty or rate of duty in such a list or schedule.
4. any table of charges, as of a railroad, bus line, etc.
5. bill; cost; charge.
1. to subject to a tariff.
2. to put a valuation on according to a tariff.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.