Pronunciation: (tel"u-skop'ik), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/telescopic.html on line 75 [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a telescope.
2. capable of magnifying distant objects: a telescopic lens.
3. obtained by means of a telescope: a telescopic view of the moon.
4. seen by a telescope; visible only through a telescope.
5. capable of viewing objects from a distance; farseeing: a telescopic eye.
6. consisting of parts that slide one within another like the tubes of a jointed telescope and are thus capable of being extended or shortened. Also,tel"e•scop'i•cal.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.