Pronunciation: (thrash), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/thrash.html on line 71 [key]
1. to beat soundly in punishment; flog.
2. to defeat thoroughly: The home team thrashed the visitors.
3. Naut.to force (a close-hauled sailing ship under heavy canvas) against a strong wind or sea.
1. to toss, or plunge about.
2. Naut.to make way against the wind, tide, etc.; beat.
4. thrash out or over,to talk over thoroughly and vigorously in order to reach a decision, conclusion, or understanding; discuss exhaustively.
1. an act or instance of thrashing; beating; blow.
3. Swimming.the upward and downward movement of the legs, as in the crawl.
4. Brit. Slang.a party, usually with drinks.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.