Pronunciation: (thresh), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/thresh.html on line 71 [key]
1. to separate the grain or seeds from (a cereal plant or the like) by some mechanical means, as by beating with a flail or by the action of a threshing machine.
2. to beat as if with a flail.
1. to thresh wheat, grain, etc.
2. to deliver blows as if with a flail.
3. thresh out or over.See thrash (def. 8).
the act of threshing. Also,thrash.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.