Pronunciation: (trans, träns), [key]
—n., v., tranced, tranc•ing.
1. a half-conscious state, seemingly between sleeping and waking, in which ability to function voluntarily may be suspended.
2. a dazed or bewildered condition.
3. a state of complete mental absorption or deep musing.
4. an unconscious, cataleptic, or hypnotic condition.
5. Spiritualism.a temporary state in which a medium, with suspension of personal consciousness, is controlled by an intelligence from without and used as a means of communication, as from the dead.
1. to put in a trance; stupefy.
2. to entrance; enrapture.
Pronunciation: (träns), [key]
—n., v., tranced, tranc•ing. Scot.
a passageway, as a hallway, alley, or the like.
to move or walk rapidly or briskly. Also,transe.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.