Pronunciation: (trezh'u-rē), [key]
1. a place where the funds of the government, of a corporation, or the like are deposited, kept, and disbursed.
2. funds or revenue of a government, public or private corporation, etc.
3. (cap.) the department of government that has control over the collection, management, and disbursement of the public revenue.
4. a building, room, chest, or other place for the preservation of treasure or valuable objects.
5. a collection or supply of excellent or highly prized writings, works of art, etc.: a treasury of American poetry.
6. Treasuries, Informal.Treasury bills, bonds, and notes.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.