Pronunciation: (trēt'munt), [key]
1. an act or manner of treating.
2. action or behavior toward a person, animal, etc.
3. management in the application of medicines, surgery, etc.
4. literary or artistic handling, esp. with reference to style.
5. subjection to some agent or action.
6. Motion Pictures, Television.a preliminary outline of a film or teleplay laying out the key scenes, characters, and locales.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.