Pronunciation: (trel'is), [key]
1. a frame or structure of latticework; lattice.
2. a framework of this kind used as a support for growing vines or plants.
3. a summerhouse, gazebo, arch, etc., made chiefly or completely of latticework.
4. Heraldry.a charge of bendlets overlying bendlets sinister, the whole being cloué at the crossings.
1. to furnish with a trellis.
2. to enclose in a trellis.
3. to train or support on a trellis.
4. to form into or like a trellis.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.