Pronunciation: (tûrn'u-round"), [key]
1. the total time consumed in the round trip of a ship, aircraft, vehicle, etc.
3. change of allegiance, opinion, mood, policy, etc.
4. a place or area having sufficient room for a vehicle to turn around.
5. the time required between receiving and finishing or processing work or materials.
a. a reversal, as in business sales, esp. from loss to profit.
b. the time between the making of an investment and receiving a return.
7. Aviation.the elapsed time between an aircraft's arrival at an airfield terminal and its departure.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.