Pronunciation: (tip'i-kul), [key]
1. of the nature of or serving as a type or representative specimen.
2. conforming to a particular type.
3. Biol.exemplifying most nearly the essential characteristics of a higher group in natural history, and forming the type: the typical genus of a family.
4. characteristic or distinctive: He has the mannerisms typical of his class.
5. pertaining to, of the nature of, or serving as a type or emblem; symbolic. Also,typ'ic.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.