Pronunciation: (un-ē'kwul), [key]
1. not equal; not of the same quantity, quality, value, rank, ability, etc.: People are unequal in their capacities.
2. not adequate, as in amount, power, ability, etc. (usually fol. by to): strength unequal to the task.
3. not evenly proportioned or balanced; not having the parts alike or symmetrical: an unequal leaf.
4. uneven or variable in character, quality, etc.
5. Obs.inequitable; unfair; unjust.
unequals,persons or things not equal to each other: a contest between obvious unequals.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.