Pronunciation: (un-hel'thē), [key]
—adj., -health•i•er, -health•i•est.
1. not in a state of good or normal health; in an unsound, weak, or morbid condition.
2. symptomatic of or resulting from bad health: an unhealthy pallor.
3. not conducive to good health; unhealthful: Night air was formerly considered unhealthy.
4. morally bad, harmful, or contaminating: unhealthy examples for the young.
5. dangerous; risky: Asking questions in this neighborhood can be unhealthy.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.