Pronunciation: (un-pak'), [key]
1. to undo or remove the contents from (a box, trunk, etc.).
2. to remove (something) from a container, suitcase, etc.
3. to unburden, as the mind; reveal.
4. to decipher or discern (the meaning of symbols, statements, etc.): Each statement could be unpacked in the general theory.
5. to remove a pack or load from (a horse, vehicle, etc.).
to remove the contents of a container.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.