Pronunciation: (viz'i-tunt), [key]
1. a temporary resident; visitor; guest.
2. a visitor to a place of religious or sight-seeing interest; pilgrim.
3. a being believed to come from the spirit world: a ghostly visitant.
4. something, as a mood, feeling, emotion, etc., that overtakes a person from time to time: Melancholy is an occasional visitant to all.
5. a migratory bird that has come to a place temporarily.
visiting; paying a visit.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.