Pronunciation: (wingd or, esp. Literary, wing'id), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/winged.html on line 77 [key]
1. having wings.
2. having a winglike part or parts: a winged bone; a winged seed.
3. abounding with wings or winged creatures.
4. moving or reaching swiftly on or as if on wings: winged words.
5. rapid or swift.
6. elevated or lofty: winged sentiments.
7. disabled in the wing, as a bird.
8. wounded in an arm or other nonvital part.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.