Pronunciation: (wīurd), [key]
1. equipped with wires, as for electricity or telephone service.
2. made of wire; consisting of or constructed with wires: a wired barrier.
3. tied or secured with wires: wired bales of wastepaper.
4. strengthened or supported with wires: a sculpture of wired papier-mâché.
5. Slang.tense with excitement or anticipation; edgy.
6. equipped so as to receive cable television.
7. connected electronically to one or more computer networks.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.