Pronunciation: (yôn), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/yawn.html on line 71 [key]
1. to open the mouth somewhat involuntarily with a prolonged, deep inhalation and sighing or heavy exhalation, as from drowsiness or boredom.
2. to open wide like a mouth.
3. to extend or stretch wide, as an open and deep space.
1. to say with a yawn.
2. Archaic.to open wide, or lay open, as if by yawning.
1. an act or instance of yawning.
2. an opening; open space; chasm.
3. Also,yawner. Informal.something so boring as to make one yawn: Critics say the new fashions are one big yawn.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.